Le portail européen du chamanisme

(FB2) Let Me Clear My Throat

Accueil Forums Chamanisme (FB2) Let Me Clear My Throat

Ce sujet a 1 réponse, 1 participant et a été mis à jour par  chamanisme, il y a 3 ans et 4 mois.

2 sujets de 1 à 2 (sur un total de 2)
  • Auteur

Dee Thomas

Let Me Clear My Throat
    by Elena Passarello

Let Me Clear My Throat ~ CLICK HERE

• Format: paperback, 242 pages
    • Language: english
    • Author: Elena Passarello
    • Publisher: Sarabande Books
    • ISBN: 9781936747450 (1936747456)
    • Genres: essays, music, memoir, school
    • Release date: October 9, 2012

About The Book

From Farinelli, the eighteenth century castrato who brought down opera houses with his high C, to the recording of « Johnny B. Goode » affixed to the Voyager spacecraft, Let Me Clear My Throat dissects the whys and hows of popular voices, making them hum with significance and emotion. There are murders of punk rock crows, impressionists, and rebel yells; Howard Dean’s « BYAH! » and Marlon Brando’s « Stella! » and a stock film yawp that has made cameos in movies from A Star is Born to Spaceballs. The voice is thought’s incarnating instrument and Elena Passarello’s essays are a riotous deconstruction of the ways the sounds we make both express and shape who we are — the annotated soundtrack of us giving voice to ourselves.

Elena Passarello is an actor and writer originally from Charleston, South Carolina. She studied nonfiction at the University of Pittsburgh and the University of Iowa, and her essays have appeared in Creative Nonfiction, Gulf Coast, Slate, Iowa Review, The Normal School, Literary Bird Journal, Ninth Letter, and in the music writing anthology Pop Till the World Falls Apart. She has performed in several regional theaters in the East and Midwest, originating roles in the premieres of Christopher Durang’s Mrs. Bob Cratchit’s Wild Christmas Binge and David Turkel’s Wild Signs and Holler. In 2011 she became the first woman winner of the annual Stella Screaming Contest in New Orleans.

Online ebook Let Me Clear My Throat by Elena Passarello download PC. MOBI book Let Me Clear My Throat on Dymocks. MP3 Let Me Clear My Throat Elena Passarello read for PocketBook on Powells. FB2 book Let Me Clear My Throat buy cheap. EPUB ebook Let Me Clear My Throat Elena Passarello read online on iPhone on Walmart.

TXT Let Me Clear My Throat. PDF ebook Let Me Clear My Throat by Elena Passarello buy for Android. Hardcover Let Me Clear My Throat download on Booktopia. Paperback book Let Me Clear My Throat by Elena Passarello read online Mac on Audible. Hardback book Let Me Clear My Throat buy.

#40142 Répondre

chamanisme

Doom with a View by Victoria Laurie • 9780451227799

2 sujets de 1 à 2 (sur un total de 2)
Répondre à : (FB2) Let Me Clear My Throat
Vos informations: